I sing a song to Rohne every night before he goes to bed, and the one he insists on now, is "Catch a Falling Star." It's a song we would always sing when we were kids, and a favorite of our family. I'm sure Holly remembers our first beauty pageant when Ben sang that song while we walked onto the stage in our fancy dresses. Natali was just a baby, and walked holding onto Holly's hand. I felt like such a princess, and didn't want that night to end. I love that memory, and hope that I am making a memory of that song with my own kids. Every time I get done singing it, Rohne says "Good song, Mommy. Thank you. I love you." I walk out of his dark room feeling like a Queen, and can't wait for the next day to start.
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
that was a good post emmers, thank you! I love you, good night.
Some of the sweetest words we'll ever hear....Oh, how blessed we are to have little ones.
I remember that too and how special I felt. That is one of my boys favorite songs also. I love singing it but lately all my boys want to hear is ABC's sung really silly.
How sweet. I like that song too.
Were you guys in a real beauty pageant? If you were, where was it?
Collette,
It wasn't a real beauty pageant. I swear it was just something through the church, at the stake center or something. I think they may have just called it a pageant, even though it wasn't. I should ask my mom for sure.
Post a Comment