Thursday, March 20, 2008

One of My Goals

So, I was talking to my sister, Holly, on the phone today. We were both commenting on how some people take really good photos, and wishing we could become photographers ourselves. So, I read a tiny bit about our camera, (Wishing it had black and white/sepia setting, but it doesn't. It's only 3 years old, you'd think it would still be modern, gosh!) and decided I would try out my new skills. I was actually quite proud that I got some really pretty ones of Taylee picking flowers outside. I'm going to keep trying. I am so far from even being great, so don't expect a big change. But. . . here are the fruits of my labor.

See, wouldn't this one be great in black and white?

The area around our house is so green, and lush. I can't wait for all the trees and flowers to start blooming soon.

She's got kind of a silly face, but it's almost good.

This is not to show off my skills, just to show what is now my son's favorite thing to do. He pulls this wagon around everywhere outside. He loves to pull Taylee, but she won't always do it. He actually pulled me yesterday! What a brute.

6 comments:

Natali Jolley said...

You did a very good Job! You are definitely a wonderful photographer. These pictures are the best in the world. I really am not being sarcastic either. Taylee looks like a little angel.

Celinda said...

I always thougt that one had to have the whole head in a picture to make it good. I'm finding out that's not right the more I look at good photography. Those are great pictures. Maybe we can all improve as we go along. Heidi does a really good job.

Collette said...

I'm with you. I want a nice camera and to know what to do with it. It seems everyone is a photographer these days.
The pictures of Taylee are really cute.

Shon and Holly Shuldberg said...

I think a great job. It looks beautiful there. We are pretty drab and ugly with some snow still on the ground.

Krisser said...

You did a wonderful job! I think I've learned that not only do I need a good camera, but more importantly- some serious photo editing and retouching skills. I love that one of Taylee- and could show you really easily in photoshop how to turn it black and white or sepia if you want.

Sarah J. said...

There's a great website I like to use for photo editing. Try www.picnik.com. It's the BEST and super EASY!