Friday, December 10, 2010

Whirlwind trip to Wyoming

I went to Wyoming last week to my Grandpa's funeral. Tristan and I flew out early Monday morning to Denver, where my sister, Natali lives. Then, on Tuesday, we drove from Denver to Bridger Valley, where the services were being held, and where I grew up. It was a crazy trip. Very fast, and packed full of stuff to be done, and people to see. But, I'm so glad that I was able to go. All of us sang at the funeral, and I was grateful for the chance to take part, and see many dear friends, and family. I have been gone from the country for so long, that the small town seemed very foreign to me. It's crazy how fast I have become a city gal. Because I was mainly chasing around my vivacious 17 month old, I didn't snap as many pictures as I should have. But, here are a few to commemorate the occasion.

This beautiful floral arrangement sat on top of the casket. It included some driftwood, and one of my Grandpa's old stirrups from a worn, favorite saddle.
The pallbearers placing the casket.

My uncles, John, and Rick, placing their boutonnieres on the arrangement.

I thought this casket represented my Grandpa well. They did a great job of picking it out.

My brother, Ben, dedicated the grave. It still makes me cry to look at this picture.

Ben's wife, Heidi, and their youngest boy, Austin. She is having their 5th boy in March!

2 of Grandpa's dearest, oldest friends paying respect.

This is my favorite picture. My Grammie, and my sister, Holly.


Ben, Grammie, Holly, and my mom.

We attempted to get a group photo at the Cemetery. This is sooo not everybody, though. It was freezing! I often forget what those Wyoming natives have to deal with in the winter. Wind, more wind, and frigid temps.

I thought this was a pretty picture of my Grammie smiling, while talking to friends.

I tried to get a good picture of Mom and Dad. This is the best I got. Dad's behind those 2 women, I promise!

We stayed in Lyman, (my rival town) in a hotel owned by my cousin. The picture, above, is of Nat's baby, Benson, eating on the bed. So adorable! Though the Motel wasn't 5 Stars, by any means, it was just fine. Natali and I stayed in one room, together, with our babes. What we thought wouldn't too bad of a scenario, ended up being kind of a nightmare. With 2 light sleepers, the boys kept waking each other up all night. We were glad to get them home in their own beds!

Tristan chillin' on Natali's couch before we we left to come home.

3 comments:

Celinda said...

Thank you very much for the lovely tribute and beautiful pictures. I don't know what I would do without my beloved children.
The black and white pic of Tristan should be framed!

Celinda said...

I wish that we could edit comments! I forgot to mention the picture of Benson which is so very cute!

Monique said...

I'm sorry for your loss, Em. I know it was a crazy trip, but I'm glad you were able to be there with your family and friends. It makes things a little easier, I think. You took some great pictures of the day. Cute one of Tristan too!