Sunday, November 22, 2009

I Finally Got Out!

It is often referred to as the "Baby Haze", or "Fog." That time after you've had a baby, when you're in pure survival mode. The world is moving on, for sure, but, you're not moving with it. Your life is full of feedings, diapers, spit-up, crying, etc., and that's all you know. Well, I'm not out of the gray quite yet, but, I got a little taste of the Real Life last night, when I went out with the girls. Granted, I felt a little out of style, unattractive, and nervous to be away from Mr. Fussy Pants, but, it was worth it. Jake was a trooper, and dealt with the kids wonderfully. He decided to get his hair cut, and left Tristan at his mom's house during this. Um, Baby Boy apparently, didn't like this much. As I have mentioned before, he is very very very attached to me, and really likes the comfort of home. We found out that we are never going to be able to go on a date EVER!! At least, not until he's about a year old. Sad. . .

We went to the So You Think You Can Dance Concert in Everett. I am such a big fan of the show, and it was just awesome to see it in person. The dancers were so amazing, and I was completely awe-struck. We are already planning our trip for next year. Thank you, girls!! I had such a good time.

9 comments:

Krisser said...

It was the best!!!!! I had so much fun last night Emily! The dinner, the amazing dancing, the great conversation, the car ride, NOT the men's bathroom encounter, but pretty much everything else was perfect! I'm so glad you came out with us! We need to plan many more fun things- and soon!

Celinda said...

I'm so happy for you! You really need a short break once in a while. I'll bet that your mother-in-law didn't even mind listening to Tristan cry for an hour or so, and it may have been good for him. Lung exercise you know. Just tell your babysitter to wear earplugs! Wish I was there to tend Mr. Fussy Pants while you went out on the town.

Celinda said...

Kristie, if you read this your Aunt Celinda would like to be able to comment on your blog, for I really like to read it.

Kevin and Amber said...

That's so fun!!! I have been out a few times but I'm not nursing. I didn't even try with Ben. I'm glad you had the chance to get out you should do it more often. By the way me and my sisters and mom are coming to seattle without the kids in March you should come hang out with us for a night :)

Coleman Family said...

That's great you got out! Makes such a difference, doesn't it? You feel normal! You should go out a little more often to get Tristan used to it. Emma had the same problem for awhile until she got more comfortable with the person I would have babysit her. It's nice to be needed though, I miss that! My kids are like "bye mom!" :)t

Mark and JanaRae said...

That looks like so much fun. I am glad that you got to go out. I am sure it was a much needed break!

Shon and Holly Shuldberg said...

You look so darn cute. Your hair is so curly. I am so glad you did it after all. Tristan needs to learn that you have a live that doesn't involve holding him all of the time (how does that sound for wise sisterly advice!!)

Club Jolley said...

Hi! I thought I commented on this post, but it seems to have disappeared! Weird... Anyways, you asked me my opinion on the binky thing. First of all, I totally know how it goes, when the binky falls out and the baby wakes up and screams until you put the binky back in! It is horrible, the parents and the baby are sleep deprived! I finally said enough is enough, and we took the binky away, and he sleeps soooo much better now. He sucks on his thumb occasionally, but isn't obsessed with it. Some people's babies do really well with binkies, but maybe Hunter and Tristan just do better without them. Who knows... all I know is that I'm all for taking away the binky and letting him suck on his fingers! If it's keeping him from sleeping well, just take it away. I've found that sometimes I used the binky as a crutch so that I wouldn't have to put him to sleep so soon or feed him right away. So instead of using the binky, I just try to figure out what is bothering him in the first place and fix it without pacifying it for a moment. He seems to do just fine then, and then we're meeting their real needs instead of trying to meet it artificially. Does this even make sense? :) Just try it, and if it works then great! Tristan won't even remember that he has a binky within 2 hours. : ) And it might save your sanity at night!

And I said this on my other comment that somehow disappeared, but I'm so happy that you got out of the house! I agree with yorur sister that he needs to see that he CAN survive without you, and you have to have a break! Sorry this is soo long; I need to learn how to condense my thoughts a little.

The Feely Crew said...

That is so fun! I am completely jealous. It looks like you guys had some great fun. What a great girls night!!!