Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Fun



We had a great Easter this year. It is getting to be so fun, because my kids are at a really good age to enjoy all the festivities. We took the kids to a rainy Easter Egg Hunt at their cousins' community park on Saturday morning. Although it was cold, and wet, they had a lot of fun. Sunday, we headed to church, and afterwards, we went to Jake's parents for the rest of the day. I tried explaining to the kids about the true meaning of Easter. Taylee was so traumatized that Jesus had to die in order to be resurrected. She would not quit talking about "why he had to die." We tried. . . . maybe they will both understand more next year. I think we have enough candy now to last us until Halloween, which we really don't need with a craving, pregnant woman in the house. I am grateful for the Easter holiday, and what it means. I am so thankful to be a member of the true church, with our Savior as the Head.

7 comments:

Natali Jolley said...

Taylee was a vision in her Easter Dress and Rohne was the most handsome little Easter Boy ever. I am glad that you are such a good Mom and that you teach your kids about Christ. Happy Easter.

April said...

Your kids are so cute Em. Just think, soon you'll have another one to add to the bunch! Thanks again for your great tips with trush. You were a huge help, and thanks to you, it's over. Good luck with the next couple months. Enjoy every minute of only having two kids to worry about!! :) -April

hamblin clan said...

I'm glad you had a good easter! Taylee's dress is so pretty, I love easter dresses. Hope all is well.

Shon and Holly Shuldberg said...

Maybe some day I will be able to buy a cute Easter Dress for a daughter. Your kids are adorable. Glad your Easter was grand!!

Celinda said...

How fun it was to look at your Easter pictures. Thank you for posting them. I have learned just recently the candy and cookies and the like can be thrown in the garbage can and they aren't wasted any more that if we eat them. You just have to put something gross on top so you won't retrieve them. What an addiction sugar can be!

Coleman Family said...

I'm so happy you had a great Easter! It's funny you said that Taylee talked about Jesus dying. Emma was really disturbed too! She looked really sad and I asked her what was wrong. She said "I'm sad because Jesus was sad and died." that would be hard to understand at 5! I had to keep telling her He was happy now.
That's so great Taylee has a cousin she's so close to! They're darling together! :)

Kristie Taylor said...

oh man your kids are SO SO adorable!!! looks like it was a wonderful easter! :)