One of Rohne's favorite activities
If she only acted as sweet as she looks!
Rohne giving blood at the hospital. He loves to watch it drip. This is our favorite lab guy. He does a great job, and always makes us laugh!I really do love my kids, and I love being a mom. But, it isn't always the easiest job . So, Taylee will be 3 soon, and she's still not potty trained. I have had a hard time getting up the motivation to do it. We worked on it today, and I think I cried like 5 times. Every time she "made a puddle" (or so she calls it) on the floor, I lost it. I know it will take time, and I should stick with it, but it is so much easier to just put a diaper on her. Especially when she is crying for one! I spent all day in the nursery yesterday at church. Rohne screams the minute we step in the room, and won't let me leave. Once again, it would be easier to just go home and give him a nap, but he needs to get used to it someday! And, his white blood count hasn't been that great lately, so I was worried about germs, and nursery kids tend to have germy hands and runny noses. So, I sanitized him every 5 minutes, and took turns carrying him, Taylee, Samantha, and little Natalie (cute little girl who also hates nursery, but her mom teaches primary) around the whole time. Needless to say, I'm a little tired. Rohne has been sleeping through the night about half of the time. He has never done 3 nights in a row, but he will do 2 nights sleeping, with one night getting up. Vast improvement. . . Now, I just need to train myself to sleep through the night. I haven't in so long, I don't know what it feels like!!
3 comments:
:( Blogger didn't like my first post.
Potty training is hard! I don't do well with accidents either. I tried M&Ms as incentive to begin with. That worked for a little while, then stopped. What *really* worked was a pink (her favorite color) sticker paper. She got to pick which sticker she wanted every time she went potty. I think I posted a picture on my blog last fall. She was only a few months shy of 3yo. She didn't show me any signs that she was ready or wanted to potty train except that she used the potty to go stinky.
Good luck!
Emily,
I got your link off of Collette's blog. You have a beautiful family and it's good to hear that you guys are doing well. Look forward to updates.
www.hamblinfam.blogspot.com
Sounds like you are busy as ever!! I'm so glad you have a blog-did I already say that? Its so nice for keeping in touch. Don't worry about the potty training. I think I heard someone say once: you've never seen a kid go to kindergarten not potty trained:)She'll be ready one day. I must say I'm not looking forward to those days.
Post a Comment