Friday, February 19, 2010

4 teeth gone!

So, I finally bit the bullet, and got all my wisdom teeth taken out yesterday. I have needed them out for quite awhile, but, just didn't have the courage. Plus, with 3 kids, a busy, working husband, and a household to run, who can find the time? I have been having bad, migraine-like headaches lately, jaw pain, fevers, etc. Who would have thought that a toothache could cause so many problems? I found myself getting overly grouchy at the kids, and unable to handle day to day life rationally. I still don't sleep much at night, which doesn't make it any easier. Our good friend, Clark's, brother-in-law, is an Oral and Facial Surgeon, so we hit up Clark, and asked him about the "Family and Friend Discount." Sure enough, Dr. Molen came through, and didn't make us pay a dime. He just charged our Insurance, and saved us around $1300!!! Awesome. He did a great job. And, although, I am in pain, and my cheeks look like a chipmunks, I am looking forward to the day when this will heal, and I can feel good again.

No, I will not post a picture of my fat face, but, I will show off a picture of my new (well, new to me) minivan!!! We bought it from my bro, who works at a car dealership in Rexburg. Because we live in Washington, we needed to find a way to get it up here. My mom graciously offered to drive it up here to us, and take care of me, and my kiddos after my surgery. I love having her here, and since I almost fainted this morning when I got up, her help is very much appreciated.

2004 Pontiac Montana. This is the picture from the dealer's site, but, it's just as beautiful in person. I absolutely love it, and am so excited for more room to haul around my 3 kids, and their stuff. It took some heavy convincing, because Jake never wanted to be a minivan guy. I'm so happy he finally let me get my way, though!!

9 comments:

Kevin and Amber said...

Wisdom teeth ouch. Hopefully it will help and hopefully he gave you some good drugs :) I love new cars that's awesome. I'm not sure I will ever be able to convince my husband to be a minivan guy even though he would rarely have to drive it.

Monique said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you:) You got your van AND you got your wisdom teeth out! Not that the teeth situation is fun or anything, but at least it's done and you'll be much happier. I'm sooo glad your mom came up. Good timing! Let me know if you need help in these next few days. Nice van, by the way!

Collette said...

Congrats on the new van! Its always fun to get a new vehicle. I hope you get feeling better from your surgery. What a great friend. He still gets paid and you have no expense out of pocket. That is why we still go to Dr. Clifford in the valley for dental needs. He does that for us since I worked for him. It rocks!

Sarah J. said...

And I thought I was the only one that still had their wisdome teeth! I might have to get Dr. Molen's info. I've been procrastinating getting mine done since I was pregant with my 1st!

Mighty Mighty Rudds said...

Hey fat face! Yeah, the minivan switch. It is almost like a personal identity crisis. But, there really is no way around it...we all have to go there someday. We waited untill we had three carseats crammed into the back of our honda civic and I was 8 months pregnant with #4 before we finally broke down. I am now a minivan lover. There really is no better way-SUV's might be cooler but that is all they have going for them in terms of being functional for a multi-child in car seat family-too much climbing over seats and not enough storage. So here is to van dancing and giving into the unavoidable!!!!!!! Hopefully your holes heal up nicely-have you found any chewed up carrots in there lately-that is the fun part!!!

Leslie said...

It's hard to convince those men, right? We just made the move to a minivan a couple of months ago...and I love it!

Sarah said...

I am sooo jealous! Not about the teeth - I did that in college - but about the van. We are so squished in our little four door sedan. About the warm fuzzies. They get a warm fuzzie for any little good thing they do. Sharing, good manners, playing quietly. They only get one for chores if they do it with a good attitude. We tell them that chores have to be done no matter what. But if it's done with a good attitude they get rewarded for it. They both just filled up their jars and want to go to their favorite restaurant as their reward. It's a cheap little pizza buffet. We decided not to give toy prizes since they have so many already. Just special time with mom and/or dad. I hope your mouth feels better and you feel as well as you can be with two kids and a baby. I had the best night sleep I've had in a year the other night. Bailey went from 8:00 p.m. to 4:30!! Isn't that crazy. She didn't repeat it last night, but I really needed that night of sleep. Good luck with that baby boy - crawling (sort of) at 7 months. Yikes!

Coleman Family said...

Hooray for a new van!!! We still need to buy one, 4 kids and 2 parents just won't fit in a Camry...
Hope you heal up nicely! That's fantastic you saved so much money!!!

Merilee said...

Oh Emily, your poor mouth. I haven't had my wisdom teeth pulled, and I'm dreading it! I hope you feel better soon.
Before you know it you'll be packing up your new van and heading for somewhere exotic!...okay well maybe not exotic, but the park can be fun too! :)Hey I know where that mini van would love to come.... OHIO!!! :)