So, my sister is leaving Wednesday to head back to good ol' BYU-I. I cannot begin to explain my devastation. In fact, it has consumed my whole day, and I have been crying a lot. Although it has been a crazy summer with the new baby, it has been one I will never forget, because I shared it with her. She is such a great person, and a wonderful sister. I don't know how I possibly survived without her. Why does she have to leave?
How is Taylee's hair going to get braided into her favorite Princess crown?
Yet another magnificent Natali 'do. Oh why can't I french braid?
She recently also cut Tay's hair, and it's so much easier to comb through now. She was always helping me with the kids, and cleaning my house. At first, it made me kind of nervous, and I would furiously clean before she came over, thinking she was disgusted with my clutter. Turns out, she likes to clean, and organize. I just let her do it after awhile, and enjoyed the sparkles.
We have been spent lots of quality girl time together. One of the most memorable was seeing "WICKED" last week. Although she had already seen it, she paid the big bucks, and accompanied me to Opening Night. It was soo awesome!
My kids will probably miss her just as much as I will. She is the master at inventing things to keep them occupied. They love her to death, and get so excited when I tell them she is coming over. She has been such a great help in taking them to the mall, to the park, cooking & cleaning with them, playing games, reading books, coloring, you name it. I couldn't ask for a better influence for my children. She will be such FANTASTIC mother someday.
I will miss her great smile, and fun personality. Tristan adores her, and she always quick to feed, burp, and change the dirtiest of diapers.
I think she might miss him a little bit too.
This is our most recent trip to Red Robin. We made sure to frequent the restaurant often when Nat & Bryce were around.
They are such a great couple. It was fun getting to know Bryce this summer too. We have never spent very much time around him. He sure loves her, and treats her good. I'm glad she found such a wonderful man.I've always said that my best friends are my sisters. I feel kind of lost without them. I have not been able to make friends up here very easily, and Natali has brightened my whole life this summer. When Jake calls home, he can always tell when she is here, or is coming, because I sound so much happier.
I know you will do great in this next chapter of your life, Nat, and I'm so proud of you for taking it. Thank you for sharing the summer with us. I love you so much, and will miss you a ton!! Please come back someday.
5 comments:
OH, aren't sisters the best?!? So glad you got to have a summer with her close by. And that's just how I feel about my sisters too! We need to get together soon!
I'm crying with you and for you as I read this entry for the tribute to your sister is very touching. Natali is a wonderful, kind, fun, talented and loving spirit that blesses all whom she associates with. I am grateful that you had her near for a few months, and that she also had you and your beautiful family to be with. I know that you will miss her as I do, and that she will miss you and your family. What a blessing to have a family!
Never, ever, ever trust a girl! And Natali is no different. She is not as wonderful as you say because she is silly and silly. Anyway, I loved being here probably more than you enjoyed me being here. You kept me busy and distracted from my absent husband and my tiny apartment.I love you and your family SOOO much.
Emily, I finally figured out the song. It's from Saturday's Warrior. Right?
I love the Saturday's Warrior reference! I love it when my sisters are around. It is just fun to have someone there you can totally be yourself around.
Post a Comment