Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Just a Little

I am very aware how behind I am at blogging.  I guess I just haven't been feelin' it.  We also, really don't have much going on.  I fully plan on blogging Christmas and Thanksgiving one of these days though.  So, don't give up on me.  Here's a few pictures to "wet your palate."

 A few weeks ago, we had a lot of snow.  Then, after the snow, we got ice.  Lots of ice.  The kids were out of school for the whole week.  They loved playing in the snow for the first few days.  Then, they realized they would much rather just pester me inside.  We spent the whole week cooped up, not going anywhere really.  Which lead to the next week, every single one of us getting Strep Throat.  That was fun.  So, the kids missed another week of school.  Phew!!
 Whitney acted shocked that I didn't want to go out and play with them.  Yes, I grew up with cold, snowy, winters.  I didn't like them then, and it's no different for me now.  Give me palm trees, and sunshine all winter long, and I'd be happy.

Their first attempt at a snowman.  I think they made several more after this one.  Pretty good though!

Last night was the Father Daughter Valentine Dance at the High School.  Taylee has been counting down the days until this event.  She was so excited to go with her daddy.  She looked so pretty, and they had a wonderful time dancin' the night away.

Every day, I remind myself how blessed I am to have such a great guy in my life.  We have been going through some pretty tough times lately, but, he never wavers in his positive attitude, and love for life.  He is an amazing father, and husband.  (He's also turning 35 on Friday!  Yikes!)  So, Happy Birthday Babe.  I love ya.

1 comment:

Natali Jolley said...

Taylee does look beautiful and her Daddy looks handsome! What a pair. I prob would have played in the snow with the kiddos too Emmers. U don't have to like the snow and cold. Wyoming bred or not:) Hope u all get better soooo soon. You've had a rough run for it the last few weeks!